Friday, March 6, 2015

Poetry Corner: Midnight

Many innocent children
In the middle of the night
Don't see life the same
No, not the same at all.
In the sunlight
Garish truth is right
Here at midnight
Truth becomes deranged
From http://pixgood.com/dark-scary-night.html

I got on an acrostic kick for awhile. I enjoy acrostic poetry so much that I actually had a section of it in my activity book Creative Exercises to Inspire, which was based on a summer program I did with kids in our neighborhood to keep them off the streets. I have to say, it was probably one of the favorite parts for the kids. They got to keep a creativity book and that was the most common poetry I found when they got to do free writing.

You'll be seeing a lot more of these as I continue sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment