Friday, December 4, 2015

Poetry Corner: Lies

I can't believe a word you say
why must you always treat me this way.
Someday you're gonna be lonely,
and you won't find me waiting around.
That's when you will be sorry,
and realize what you had found.

But it's too late,
after all the lies you chose.
You've lost your chance.
You'll want to hang yourself by the toes.

But you chose to lie instead.
You could have had true love,
but now you hang your head.
I cannot blame you,
but I know it is not my fault.
I guess that is just the way it goes.


I wrote this after a play I did, in which the male lead led me on and used me for my vehicle and my support of him. The irony is that I would have given him rides and everything, even without him leading me to think that he liked me. Unfortunately, he only knew how to use others to get what he wanted.

We are still in touch. He has a relatively successful career playing bit parts in B movies and I support him by watching every single one. My husband laughs every time he sees the guy and says that idiot really missed the boat. That is one lie I will gladly believe!

What are your feelings about this poem? Share in the comments below!

Until next time,

Keep Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment